Rules for using NerdNYC to find your game(r):
Hello NerdNYC gamers! Here are the new guidelines for making posts to seek games and players for your games. Please PM me if you have any questions or need clarification on anything.
General Posting Rules:
(1) There will be Two threads. One for Players Seeking Games and Games Seeking Players
(2) Any responses to a "Player Seeking" or a "Game Seeking" post should only be sent via PM or email to the poster. This way it is easier to keep track of who signs up and doesn't clutter the threads themselves. These threads should only have the seeking posts and no responses at all. BUT please feel free to update your posts with new information if it is relevant (posting links to any wikis, documents, character sheets, house rule info, etc.). Note: I will delete any post that is not one that actually is a seeking post (ex: thank you's, I PM'd you please respond, etc.)
(3) One post per game or per person seeking a game. If the slot (or slots) is filled or a player finds his/her game then that post needs to be deleted by the poster. If your criteria changes for any reason, please edit your post. Any post that has been up for 4 months will be deleted. If you still seek a game or a player please repost.
For Players Seeking Games: Keep in mind your own availability and do not overextend yourself. Nothing is more annoying than having players sign up for a game just to have them drop out soon after. If you work 18 hours a day, play in 4 other games, and have 10 kids, maybe signing up for a new weekly game is a bad idea.
For Games Seeking Players: Do keep in mind that no one will know if anyone else has expressed interest in your game, and that might make people a little hesitant to join sometimes. As long as you keep your post fresh and updated with new info (like the number of signups) you have gotten, it should make it more appealing and people will be more willing to join up. Also, once your game is underway, please make a new thread about it here in the Roleplaying forum. Tell us about it! Talk about your games and keep us all posted!
For all: Please take the time to speak with or meet with any prospective player or GM before any gaming takes place (if you have never met before) so you can ensure that there will be a good fit for everyone involved.
For players seeking a game include the following info in your post:
* What games(s)/system(s) you are interested in playing
* Your location
* Where you are willing to travel for a game
* How you travel (subway, LIRR, car, trolley, worg)
* Days and times you are available to play
For games/GM's seeking players include the following info in your post:
* Your game's location (use this mapper! http://www.nerdnyc.com/gamefinder.php )
* Day and time the game takes place
* What type of player(s) you are looking for (include age mins/maxes and level of experience with the game you are running if they matter to you)
* What system(s) you are running (include a general description of any special house rules you have implemented)
* Description of your game (setting, genre, etc.)