- You must be 18 years or older to use the forums.
- Don't be a jerk.
- If you are not here to make friends, leave.
- Before posting to a section, read any sticky threads in that section.
- Don't attack people personally.
- Sexism, racism, and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Most of us know each other. This is not an anonymous community. Many folks feel it is okay to be a jerk online. Not here. Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say to someone's face.
- We may not be an anonymous community, but that doesn't mean we want our real names spread all over the Internet. Respect our privacy and don't post personal information about other posters.
- Don't debate for the sake of debating, unless it's about who the superior Starfleet captain is (Hint: it's Janeway). Win friends, not conversations.
- If you disagree with a poster, explain why, don't just post "no" or "you are wrong".
- Don't write condescending shit like "um, no". It makes you sound like a jerk (see the first rule on the topic of jerks).
- Sarcasm is really hard to pull off online. If you want to say something that could be potentially insulting but you're just joking around, say so.
- People here don't like to stay on topic. If you want to start a thread that stays on topic, please say so. Otherwise everyone will assume it is okay to go off topic. If someone asks you to stay on topic, please do so.
- Don't post non-work safe content without a warning in your thread's subject title. [NSFW] works.
- Because many members of NerdNYC are close friends, they often talk to each other in very familiar ways (sarcasm, insults, sex jokes, etc). If you are a new member, we look forward to the day that we know you so well that you can post like that, but until then please use common sense when posting on NerdNYC. For more information, please read: http://www.nerdnyc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=456201
- Don't violate any NY state or U.S. federal laws.
- Don't share user accounts or passwords with other NerdNYC members.
- NerdNYC can for any reason at any time: 1. ban anyone, 2. lock any thread, and 3. delete any thread.
- NerdNYC does not have to disclose the reasons for these actions.
- NerdNYC will not ever discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, familial status, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Everything else goes (within reason) till someone complains about it. If someone makes a complaint, I will examine the situation and attempt to defuse it.
- Do not try to cleverly circumvent these rules. These rules are general guidelines and are very flexible. We absolutely reserve the right to enforcement how we see fit.
Your Ever Lovin' Eppy