make Friends | Play games
jenskot wrote:Random idea on the train home from random New Years Eve parties in Manhattan...
You roll a miss... roll damage anyway but your target makes an immediate attack against you. This may work especially well with the popular trend of rolling your to hit die and damage dice at the same time.
jenskot wrote:players make all the rolls, instead of a monster rolling against your AC, you roll your AC against the monsters attack value
cawshis wrote:Sgt. Wanderer got bit by a dog and died from the infection!
jenskot wrote:In a 1 shot, XP doesn't really matter. Rewarding additional actions slows the game down. So what's a good reward?
What if we got rid of healing potions and instead, you pick special Feats that award you Hit Points whenever you achieve specific accomplishments. For example…
- Win a battle in 3 rounds or less.
- Aid a friend.
- Sneak past enemies.
- Accomplish a goal.
- Defend your faith.
- Avoid combat.
- Steal treasure.
- Swear an oath.
- Deliver a speech in battle (once per battle).
- First strike in battle.
- Deliver death blow in battle.
- Start a fight with someone much more powerful than you.
- Take prisoners.
- Defeat sworn enemies.
- Bury and pray for the dead.
- Convert people to your faith.
- Wound someone who has wounded you.
- Disarm your enemy in battle.
- Force your enemy to retreat or submit (intimidate).
- Turn an enemy to your side.
- Help the helpless.
Everyone would get to pick 3 options.
And since self-healing could make the cleric seem less powerful, we can give the cleric special Feats where when they heal someone, they can also end a condition on themselves or the person they healed.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest